Eclipse Catering Booking Terms and Conditions
This agreement shall come into force upon the signing of the form that contains the Terms and Conditions as set out below.
- All prices are subject to fiscal and other increases which are outside the control of Eclipse Catering.
- KITCHEN FACILITIES
The caterers do not supply ovens, if the ovens are not adequate, we can hire hot cupboards (currently £57.50 + delivery) or turbo ovens, to supplement the kitchen facility. We require sole use of the kitchen until approximately one & a half hours after the service of coffee to facilitate clearing up and staff meals.
- TABLES AND CHAIRS
Tables & chairs must be erected & in position before the caterers arrive to coincide with your table plan.
- "NO SERVICE" FUNCTIONS
"No service" means no service or coffee and collection from our preparation kitchen or we will deliver locally free. China, cutlery, tablecloths & glasses can be hired at a nominal cost.
- OUT OF AREA FUNCTIONS
Delivery charge: 5% (Minimum £50.00) Collection charge: 5% (Minimum £50.00 Out of area staff travelling time to & from the function will be charged hourly at £16.00 per staff member during normal working hours.
Journeys over 30 miles round trip will carry an additional charge of £1.00 per mile.
- BANK HOLIDAYS
Functions held on Bank holidays will carry an additional charge of £16.00 per hour per waiter or waitress supplied.
- FINAL NUMBERS
Final numbers of guests are required 10 days prior to reception date, these are the numbers for which you will be charged, & cancellations or reductions are not accepted after this time.
Cancellations must be made In Writing to Eclipse Catering, and will not become valid until you receive confirmation of cancellation from our company. Cancellations made before the function are chargeable as a percentage of the total order value as follows:
- Up to 4 days beforehand:-100%.
- 5-14 days:-50%
- 15-30 days: 25%
- Over 30 days = loss of deposit only.
- Eclipse Catering may cancel the booking:-
- (i) If the client becomes insolvent, bankrupt, has a receiver appointed or enters into a liquidation, bankruptcy, administration or receivership or compounds with its creditors.
- (ii) If the client is in arrears of any payment due however arising to Eclipse Catering, or has failed to pay a deposit within 7 days, of the date required to do so, or failed to make the final payment, under the terms of this agreement.
- (iii) On giving notice to the customer if it is prevented or hindered from carrying out its obligations herein, by circumstances beyond its own control including, without limitation, strikes, labour disputes, whether or not involving the employees of Eclipse Catering, suspension of supplies, governmental or quasi-governmental intervention, accidents, acts of god or national or local disasters.
in the event of failure on part of Eclipse delivery or supply discrepancies must be notified immediately to the driver, email at email@example.com or telephone 07738305067.
- Any agreed refund will be credited to the original payment method within 10 working days.
Late sit down, other than is stated on the booking form, will carry an additional charge of £16.00 per hour or parts thereof, for every catering staff member present.
- BOOKING DEPOSIT
Deposits are strictly non refundable, deemed to be taken against the main menu only, booked for the date on this form. It is not transferable and cannot be used as payment for any other goods or services supplied.
Balance is due before date of function, i.e.:- Bankers draft, Building Society Cheque, Debit Card or Cash... Credit Cards: - 2% Surcharge. BACS: - 4 Working days prior. Cheques accepted 14 Days prior only.
- EQUIPMENT DEPOSIT
A debit or credit card security deposit (minimum £100.00) is required against all hired or loaned items, which will be returned after the equipment has been checked through. Hired & loaned equipment must be returned in a clean, dry condition. Breakage & loss, chipping and damage caused to Eclipse Catering equipment will be charged for, at replacement cost unless caused by the negligence of the company or its employees. If returned unwashed, a cleaning charge, equal to the hire cost will be incurred. Ensure that soiled tablecloths are not stored damp, or mildew will occur, resulting in a replacement charge. Items are hired/loaned for a maximum period of 48hrs. The full hire cost will be charged for each 48hrs that the equipment is not returned, on an accumulative basis. Items not returned within 7 days will be deemed lost, and full replacement cost will be debited from the credit/debit card number, held as security by Eclipse Catering.
- HEALTH & SAFETY
Eclipse have a statutory 'risk assessment' policy in force (H.A.C.C.P.) which sets out our food preparation, delivery and service procedures. This policy restricts the service of foodstuffs, to a maximum of four hours after being removed from refrigeration. (A copy of relevant information is available on request) Not withstanding this, it is our recommendation that all high risk food items (meat, egg, fish, dairy produce etc.) be consumed within 2 hours of service, especially during summertime or where there are warm ambient temperatures.
- This agreement shall be governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
- FACILITY FEE
The client will indemnify Eclipse against any facility fees and/or deposits levied by the chosen venue, and agree to pay to the venue any monies required by them.